|Main purpose of role:||We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to oversee the running of our View Kitchen on Matchdays to serve the box holders and executive members. In addition to Matchdays you would be required to assist on non-matchdays where we host a variety of functions including conferences, weddings, parties and Christmas functions.|
|Key tasks:||• Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and standards
• Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, to include, cooking dishes to specification, food preparation, and dish plating
• Leads kitchen team in Lead Chef’s absence
• Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
• Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
• Trains new kitchen employees to required kitchen standards
• Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
• Works with Lead Chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
• Assists Lead Chef with menu creation, pricing and planning
• Creates daily work schedules for staff
|· To produce good quality dishes ensuring portion control and GP’s are met.|
|Person Specification:||· A proactive team player who works on own initiative.
· A great communicator with a genuine interest and enthusiasm for great food.
· Willingness to work flexible hours – attendance at some events on evenings and weekends is a requirement for this role.
|Skills and Qualifications:||Required:
• City & Guilds 706/1 | 706/2 Catering
• NVQ Level 2
• Level 3 Food Safety Awards
• Awareness of COSHH and chemical safety
• Experience working in high volume hotel or restaurant setting
• Flexible schedule as cricket matches and functions take place on weekends and evenings
• Experience working in sports stadiums is desirable but not essential
• Experience working with fresh ingredients and creating dishes from scratch
• Positive and approachable manner
• Team player and management skills
|Reporting to:||Lead Chef|
Closing date 19 May 2021.