Worcestershire County Cricket Club
£20,000 a year
Full time – 34.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity to be part of a renowned professional sports club in the heart of Worcester City. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the accounts function. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced accounts professional looking for a different challenge. Applicants are sought with previous broad accounts experience, plus a good understanding of business systems integration into accounting software. You must have excellent communication skills, be able to manage and prioritise your own workload, confident with excel and have a working knowledge of computerised accounting systems (ideally Access Dimensions). We offer an open and friendly atmosphere, with onsite parking and an iconic view.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake the processing of authorised purchase requisitions and issue purchase orders to suppliers and staff.
- Undertake the accurate processing of all supplier invoices, ensuring all payable items are correctly authorised at each stage of processing.
- Responsible for training users and the correct operation of the Finance Portal software.
- Undertake the checking of supplier statements and ensure our ledger is accurate with all discrepancies resolved.
- When instructed, undertake the payment of supplier invoices by bank transfer.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all bank account statements.
- Responsible for the accurate processing of all receivable items for the Club, including membership, ticket sales, bar takings, car park revenue and retail sales. Ensure all manually generated income is identified and payment appropriately obtained.
- Responsible for credit control activities to ensure payment is collected for all income due in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of the automated integration of sales data from other business systems into the accounting software.
- To be the primary contact within finance for the accurate operation of the EPOS till system, membership ticketing & events software and online retail system; monitoring compliance with operating practices and procedures.
- Undertake the tasks to generate monthly management accounts, including the calculation of accruals, prepayments, accrued income and depreciation.
- Assist with providing the analysis of key business data and other ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Compliance with financial policies and procedures and suggesting improvements to working practices.
- AAT Level 4 or equivalent qualification
- GCSE grade C or higher in English Language and Mathematics, or equivalent qualification
- 3 years’ experience in a senior accounting technician role
- Good IT knowledge including confidence with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences, both verbally and in writing
To apply please send an up to date CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 23/11/2020