Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reporting to: Finance & Corporate Services Manager
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Remuneration: Full time equivalent £40,000/Competitive
Worcestershire Cricket employs 60 staff and around 200 casual staff, plus professional players, between two employing entities. Staff costs are a significant part of our business making up 65% of our total costs and therefore ensuring we operate on optimum staffing levels whilst driving high performance is a key to the success of our business.
We are now looking for an experienced HR professional to help the organisation drive the next phase of transformation with a particular focus on developing an exciting people strategy. This position will be instrumental in guiding the business on all people related matters at both a strategic and operational level. The successful candidate will have experience in setting policy and implementing best practice as well as having a creative and innovative approach to recruitment, retention and employee engagement.
Purpose of role:
This role will look after all aspects of HR and Organisational Development to ensure a professional and proactive HR service for staff at all levels. The HR Manager will be key in laying the foundations of a strong HR service, including recruitment, selection and on-boarding, best practice policies and procedures, establishing strong performance frameworks and providing expert support and advice across all areas of HR.
• Provide advice to managers and staff on a variety of HR related issues including all aspects of employee relations, recruitment and staff development
• Conduct regular reviews of the companies policies, procedures and practices on all HR matters including the Employee Handbook and implement improvements in line with relevant legislation and best practice
• Support and, if required, lead organisational change
• Work with line managers to develop robust job descriptions, roles and responsibilities and support managers with the recruitment process
• Support managers with their performance reviews and one-to-ones to ensure they are effective and under performance is well managed. Provide training, coaching and upskilling to managers on HR processes and policies as appropriate to broaden their people leadership capability.
• Deal with grievances and conduct disciplinary proceedings
• Identify and address coaching and training needs of staff, including where appropriate designing and delivering training. Ensure all mandatory core skills, health & safety practices, first aid, GDPR, etc requirements are up to date for appropriate staff
• On boarding and induction of all new recruits, ensuring good orientation to the company culture
• Development of talent and succession planning
• Review and manage time & attendance, software and HR systems.
• Administration of contract documentation, employee records and general HR housekeeping (processing holiday, absence management etc.)
• A seasoned professional with a proven track record of expertise as a HR manager
• Ideally qualified with formal HR qualifications i.e. CIPD or MCIPD
• Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice
• Demonstrated experience in coaching staff members to give them the knowledge to be the best they can be
• The ability to see the bigger picture and offer pragmatic, commercially focused professional HR advice and guidance
• A hands-on and proactive attitude, with a track record of delivering results
• This role requires an innovative character who is keen to enhance and improve policies, procedures and staff well-being
• Demonstrated track record in taking initiative, working independently, building sound relationships and handling multiple priorities simultaneously
• Proven interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
• Influencing and negotiation skills to implement personnel policies
• Passionate and resilient with the ability to work under pressure and cope effectively with change and growth
• Excellent oral, written communication skills in English
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list of tasks performed, but does represent the major duties and responsibilities encompassed in the job. It does not prevent the post holder from being allocated any other duties of a broadly similar nature to those described. Should these other duties become a permanent and major part of the job, they will be included in a revised job description.
If you are interested in the above role, please email with your CV and a covering letter to Sarah.Gluyas@wccc.co.uk
Closing Date: Thursday 12th March 2020