The search is on to unearth the 14 outstanding scorecards for matches involving Worcestershire CCC before they became members of the County Championship.
Andrew Thomas, author of 'Pears 150' has played a major role in the majority of the scorecards from the 1865-1898 era being sent to and now published on the Cricket Archive.com database.
Of the 468 known Worcestershire first eleven games during that era listed in 'Pears 150', there are just the 14 scorecards to be discovered.
Andrew wishes to point out that a few more need correcting, expanding or reclassifying, and six other fixtures may not have been played because of rain or lack of players.
He also says Pears 150, does not claim to have a definitive list and tere is every chance that more Worcestershire CCC matches before first class status was obtained will be discovered.
But for now the hunt is on for the 14 scorecards listed below.
1) 5 May 1866 at Bromsgrove School (lost 15 runs)
2) 22 July 1867 Cotswold Magpies (lost 8 runs)
3) 1 July 1868 at Malvern College (won 18 runs)
4) 16 July 1868 Bar Oxford Circuit (won)
5) 14,15 June 1869 Burton on Trent (lost inns and 105 runs)
6) 29 July 1871 at Malvern College (draw, rain)
7) 19 Sept 1871 Staffordshire (draw)
8) 27 July 1872 at Malvern College (draw)
9) 25,26 Aug 1874 Warwickshire (won)
10) 12 June 1875 Worcs Militia (draw, rain)
11) 12 May 1877 Vale of Evesham (won 6 wkts)
12) 9 June 1877 Officers of Militia (won 35 runs)
13) 14,15, July 1880 Herefordshire (draw)
14) 7 June 1894 Keble College Oxford U. (?)
Cricket Archive.com includes Worcestershire CCC first class, List A and Minor Counties matches, nine games pre-1865 and many others after 1898.
*'Pears 150' which can still be purchased during the winter (price £28 plus postage) via Andrew Thomas c-o Worcestershire CCC, County Ground, New Road, Worcester,WR2 4QQ