it’s been another bumper entry for our third worcestershire ccc ‘ultimate quiz’ before the winner was selected today by ben cox.
there has been a constant flow of our loyal members and supporters taking part in the bid to win a £25 voucher to spend in worcestershire ccc’s new online club shop.
question nine, identifying the last player to score a century on their county championship debut for worcestershire, proved to be a big challenge for many entrants.
lots of people opted for alex milton who reached three figures in 2018 against somerset at New Road during his first championship appearance.
but the last player to achieve the milestone was hamish rutherford – against leicestershire at the fischer county ground – in the opening championship match of last season.
most of those who took part scored an excellent eight out of 10 or more but only a handful achieved a maximum ten – including winner neil johnson.
neil can use the £25 retail voucher to choose from a wide range of official club merchandise including worcestershire ccc and rapids branded clothing plus accessories for adults and juniors.
there are more than 70 items in stock – including the option to pre-order to new playing shirts – and many more products will become available to purchase during the forthcoming weeks.
the fourth worcestershire ccc ‘ultimate quiz’ will be posted on our social media streams and club website tomorrow (monday june 8) with another £25 voucher to spend in the online club shop the prize for the winner.
good luck – and thanks for taking part.
quiz three answers:
- against whom did pat brown make his england t20i debut last winter? new zealand
- in what year was the worcestershire supporters’ association formed? 1951, 1952 or 1953. 1951
- which long-serving worcestershire ccc player, part of three county championship winning squads, became cricket manager at lancashire and then head coach at nottinghamshire? alan ormrod
- against whom did ed barnard make his england lions debut? india ‘a’
- who was worcestershire ccc’s leading run-scorer when winning the pro-40 league in 2007? steven davies
- who succeeded norman gifford as captain of worcestershire ccc? glenn turner
- for which team did riki wessels play for in the big bash league in australia? sydney sixers
- which film was a 3,000 sell-out when screened at New Road in 2016 as an outdoor cinema event? the lion king
- who was the last worcestershire ccc player to score a century on their county championship debut for the county? hamish rutherford
- which current england player did joe leach, on his first class debut, dismiss for a second ball duck? jason roy