Cricket Development Coach Job Advert – Worcestershire Cricket
Job Title: Cricket Development Coach
Contract: Full-Time (35hrs/wk) – initial 12 month contract with likelihood of extension
Salary: £15,000-£18,000 per year (dependent upon experience)
Responsible to: Game Development Officer
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter, taking note of the Job Description and email it to Tom Hill firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th August 2017
Interview Day: Friday 11th August 2017
If you wish to discuss the role before applying please contact: Tom Hill email@example.com
Worcestershire Cricket exists to lead, support and influence, the growth, quality and accessibility of recreational cricket across the county. Our mission being to “Inspire a Lifelong Passion for the Game”, with the sole focus of securing the games future through inspiring the next fan, follower and player through providing great experiences and lasting memories.
With changes in the ECB’s strategy driving CCB’s to prioritise growth areas and ensure connections across more schools and more clubs, a key focus of this role is to create meaningful relationships with the cricket network across the respective region. This role will be responsible for ensuring every participant has a great first experience of cricket and wants to come back.
Being the face of the organisation we are looking for someone who can motivate and inspire those of all ages and abilities to enjoy high quality cricket delivery. Encouraging them to have a lifelong passion for cricket.
Summary of Job Purpose:
The Cricket Development Coach post will be responsible for the delivery of schools and clubs activity across their region as dictated by the Game Development Officer.
The post holder will be tasked with generating enthusiasm for the game through our Chance to Shine, school offer, and ensuring strong relationships are established between schools and clubs with strategic use of Chance to Shine and the ECB’s Allstars initiative.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Cricket Coach Responsibilities:
1. To grow junior cricket across the respective region by providing inspiring delivery.
2. To deliver Chance to Shine schools activity in the local area. Promoting target clubs and establishing strong relationships, ensuring growth of local junior sections
3. Delivery of high quality local school competitions and festivals.
4. To support and ensure successful delivery of All Stars Cricket at highlighted centres.
5. To support and ensure successful delivery of Wicketz in Worcestershire.
6. Assisting with Guards of Honour at T20 Matches and Royal London One-Day Cup.
7. To drive the growth of and deliver high quality coaching on our Rapids T20 Holiday camps
8. To deliver on the Women’s and Girls Age Group Pathway
1. To maintain detailed records and provide quantitative and qualitative progress reports of all coaching, personal development and associated activities undertaken personally, and of coaches working on the programmes.
2. To work at all times in a professional and presentable manner.
3. To pursue relevant personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
4. To work with the development team to support the development of and maintain effective links with cricket clubs and schools across Worcestershire.
5. To comprehend and adhere to relevant Company standards, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures relating to health & safety and financial management and control.
6. To bring the attention of the Cricket Development Director to any potential hazards, problems or difficulties to the business or cricketing operations of the Company.
This job description is not exhaustive, only containing the principle accountabilities/main duties relating to this post and other tasks may be carried out as directed by Worcestershire Cricket.